Monday, August 12, 2013

City2Surf: Check

Struck down with the flu, I decided I was still going to run the City2Surf. Before getting ill, my aim was to complete the run in under 105 minutes. I ultimately clocked in around 107 minutes. Having the flu, I guess I can't really complain. 

As a result of utter stubbornness, I was forced to call in sick to work the day after the run, staying at home to nurse my wounded lungs. 

At the end of the day, I'm still proud to have finished my first City2Surf. My first fun run in Sydney and the first 14k run I've ever done. I had grand plans of signing up for the Melbourne Marathon in October, but being sick and not knowing if I will be able to train consistently until race day, I have decided against it. Instead, I will pull my distance back to 10kms, and try to gain some speed so that I am not left in the dust. For now, it's a week of rest before I get back into it. 

Influenza virus: 0, Me: 1. City2Surf: check. 

No comments:

Post a Comment