Monday, August 19, 2013

12wbt - 2013 Round 3

Last year, I signed up for the Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation (12wbt) program. I started on the Intermediate Program to increase my cardiovascular fitness, gain some muscle and burn some fat. 

While I was pretty consistent with the training program, I was horrible with the meal plans! I tried to keep to the goal of 1200 calories per day (my bmr is only 1360 cause I'm a shorty) but usually fell short. I do believe that I gained some muscle and definitely increased my cardiovascular fitness. So when my first round was over, I signed up again, this time for the 10K training program, which ultimately led me to want to run the City 2 Surf. After I finished the 10K training program, I took a break but kept on running and as you will know, finished the City 2 Surf two weekends ago. 

I have since signed up for 2013 Round 3 of the 12wbt program, back in the 10k training program, with similar goals:
- Run 10K in 65mins (although a flat 70 mins would also be nice)
- Lose fat
- Build muscle

Unfortunately, having the flu and running the City 2 Surf meant that I missed the first week of training. BUT, that was last week. It is Week 2, Day 2 of 2013 Round 3 and it's been great to get back to exercise after a week-long hiatus. 

You'll probably see many more posts about the program as I progress through the 12 weeks as it goes on to consume my life (in a positive way naturally!)

There are also some great exercises and recipes that I've picked up along the way, which I will share when I can. 

[v]

No comments:

Post a Comment